Music festivals are all the rage these days. Teens and adults alike are spending their moola to see their favorite artists and bands, as well as experience what it’s like to join a music festival, sometimes even camping out for several days with thousands of other people.
To some it may sound like a nightmare, but some people live for these festivals. It’s simply a fun experience that cannot be missed. Here are some facts about the event.
1. Twitter was the most popular social media platform used in 2014 with 40% tweeting during the event.
Facebook comes next at 30%, then Instagram at 14%, and others at 16%.
2. 65% of people said their smartphone was the most important item to take.
28% said they broke their phone during the festival. 8% had their phones stolen. Annd 39% lost their phone.
Anything that can call or text is already good enough.
3. It took one hour and 27 minutes to sell out Glastonbury in 2014.
4. It takes 0 pounds to go to Godiva festival
While the average cost of attending a festival is 389 pounds this year.
5. 59% of the people say they bought tickets based on the line up.
31% say that the Arctic Monkeys is their favorite headliner of the summer.
6. The music around the sound stages can reach in excess of 100 decibels.
That’s equivalent to a pneumatic drill.
7. 2.8 million people watched Dolly Parton at Glastonbury.
It takes a lot of money and preparation to arrange a music festival. People go through a lot to put up festivals. From training rookie to paying for artists, it takes a lot of effort.